Thursday 15 December 2011

mj portrait







Portrait


For my portrait, I chose Michael Jackson. The reason that I chose him is that he has so many different characteristics, like singer, dancer, movie director, etc. He has so much honour from people all over the world and he is called “ the king of pop”.
However, not only the good things that he has are being sprayed, but also the negative side of him, like he was involved in child sexual abuse allegations, he changes his noses for many times, he did many plastic surgeries and keep his face white, etc.
I used the topic about he kept looking whiter and whiter on my portrait. That is the reason for only using 2 colours for it, black and white. It outstands that Michael Jackson was well known about his “black and white” face.
As David 'Meggs' Hooke is my chosen artiest, he uses lots of abstract style on his work. Therefore, I add some abstract elements on my portrait. I also put these elements on white to cooperate the main topic of the work, black and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment